CANNONBALL! into the water

because sometimes you just have to jump and hope you won't get hurt.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

i just can't wait for my ten year reunion.. only i can

Summer is a favorite season of mine. In fact, I think 75% of the world claims summer as the favorite season. The reasons for this are endless. Sunny skies, swimming in the pool, blossoming flowers, little tank tops, short shorts, flip-flops, stuffing sweater in the back of the closet, and etc.

I love all these things. But this summer I find myself appreciating the season for a new reason.

Since I am taking classes through the end of July (and actively searching for a third job or some source of extra income), I don't get a real summer vacation. There is no break from real life.

I am taking the classes in Oklahoma. In Norman to be exact. I never realized how much of a college town Norman truly is. I stayed here over Winter Break, but the town was stilll busy. It's why it took us fifteen minutes to find parking at the Sooner Fashion Mall.

By taking classes here, I experience a whole new college life. It is a life in which I don't have a million different people to see or hundreds of names to remember and just as many people to facebook. Instead, I have a group of people I see on a daily basis. The group this summer consists of Rachel, Brandy, Dean, and myself.

Over Winter Break, the group was Keith, Rachel, Lance, and I. Now those boys are off wherever they are, so Rachel and I have adopted new people. And so far it's turned out wonderfully.

I love this summer for the late night conversations, the daily workout sessions. Of course I don't like the daily workout sessions right now because my abs are killing and all I want to do is sleep. I love the Bacardi drinking, Lion King watching memories. I really love the late night, homecooked dinners. And we're hoping for a few random, extremely miniature road trips through Oklahoma whenever there is free time to be found. There is also the current diet that Brandy and I have decided to go on. No ice cream and one or two soda's a day. And drinking lots of FIJI water.

Last night, after studying on campus for almost two hours, Brandy and I went to Wal-Mart. It was empty. That's another reason I love Norman in the summer. You can go to Wal-Mart at midnight and not wait in-line. It is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

I grabbed two six-packs of FIJI water off the shelf. One of the stockers at Wal-Mart looked down at me and laughed. "Is that water really worth it?"

I looked at him as did Brandy. We nodded. "Yes."

"But is it $6 worth it?" Another stocker asked.

My jaw dropped as I placesd the second six-pack in the cart. "We're poor college students. And we're willing to pay for $6 water. Yes, it is worth it! It's amazing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home